Saturday, April 11, 2020

A Suggestion

Subject: A Suggestion...

Dear Bill,
I have taken the liberty of addressing you as such as there are no letters after your name. My name is Robert Edward Watson, Springhill High School graduate, Class of 1964. Proud son of Robert H. Watson and Cecilia P. Watson, Owners of Watson's Feed Store in Springhill.(I wouldn't want someone else to get credit for my suggestion.) I also worked for Webster Parish Schools as a math teacher, under the very fine Harold Newsome, at Sarepta High School.

Firstly, I should congratulate you for completely destroying your high school's main rival, The Springhill Lumberjacks. You have completely eliminated a long history of humiliating defeats in many sports and academics. Cleverly done! The move may generate a tad of animosity.

You should consider, as a continuing cost saving measure, consolidating all the small schools near Minden into one. You could call it the South Webster Parish Gravel Pits, or "The Pits" for short.

As Always, Respectfully, Rob Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment